Victorious Academies Trust was launched in January 2018. The launch of Victorious includes our new name, new Members and new Trustees. Our Trust was launched with the support of the Department for Education (DfE) and the Regional Schools Commissioner (RSC) Lancashire and West Yorkshire.
You can see a copy of our letter sent in January 2018 to our stakeholders here.
- October 2017 Academy Order issued for the first established school to join the Trust – conversion process commences.
- Autumn term 2017 the Governing Board of one school in Tameside resolve to join the Trust.
- December 2017 new Members appointed – who passed the resolution for the new Trust name.
- January 2018 Nicky Wise appointed Chief Operations Officer.
- January 2018 new Trustees appointed.
- Spring term 2018 the Governing Boards of three primary schools in Tameside resolve to join the Trust.
- March 2018 our website launched.
- 1st April 2018 Poplar Street Primary School joins the Trust.
- May 2018 Ofsted Inspection at Inspire Academy.
2016 / 2017
- September 2016 Discovery Academy, (1FE plus Nursery) opened on time and fully staffed.
- Spring term 2017 the Governing Board of a primary school in Tameside resolve to join our Trust.
- April 2017 David Thompstone appointed Chief Finance Officer.
- Summer term 2017 an external review of governance of our Trust and the two academies was carried out.
2015 / 2016
- September 2015 Inspire Academy, (2FE plus Nursery) opened on time and fully staffed.
- February 2016 Karen Burns was appointed Chief Executive Officer alongside the role of Executive Principal for both Inspire and Discovery Academies.
- March 2016 our Trust passed a Financial Management and Governance Inspection.
- July 2016 our Trust passed the DfE and Ofsted pre opening inspections for Discovery Academy.
2014 / 2015
- The design and construction of the new academies was managed by Tameside Council with support from our Trust.
- First teaching staff were appointed to the Trust (Executive and Deputy Principals, teaching and support staff for Inspire Academy).
- July 2015 our Trust passed the DfE and Ofsted pre opening inspections for Inspire Academy.
2013 / 2014
- Trust was established by Carillion Plc (as Carillion Academies Trust) in 2013 after an application to the Department for Education as a multi-academy trust approved to sponsor schools in England.
- Trust submitted an Expression of Interest to Tameside Council in August 2013 to sponsor two new targeted basic needs primary academies. The application was successful and the DfE awarded our Trust the two academies in December 2013.