We have experience of all aspects of trust set-up and development, including:
- maintained school conversions to become an academy and to join a multi academy trust;
- existing single academy trusts joining multi academy trusts; and
- the initial set up and closure of multi academy trusts.
We are keen for schools to join us to add capacity to our trust and where schools would like to take advantage of the collaboration opportunities across our family of schools.
Where schools look to join our Trust, we work closely with school staff to complete the Application Form, liaising with the Department for Education and Regional Schools Commissioner Project Officers to establish appropriate timescales linked to the proposed opening date. Once an Academy Order is issued, we work closely with your school on the conversion process, carrying out due diligence and providing your governors with information that they require to ensure that both parties understand each other fully before the Academy opens.
As part of this we include:
- Project management of your conversion.
- Conversion plan agreed with your school with milestones working towards your proposed opening date.
- Setting up and coordinating conversion steering group meetings.
- Liaison with the Department for Education, Education and Skills Funding Agency and Regional Schools Commissioner’s officers.
- Where appropriate assistance with legal adviser appointment.
- HR support and advice.
- Support and advice for your office and business staff with the process.
- Finance support and advice.
- Estates support and advice.
- Governance support and advice.
- TUPE support and co-ordination.
- School improvement support where appropriate.
- Management information system set up, advice and training.
- Financial and budgeting system training and implementation, co-ordination and support.
- Payroll co-ordination and set up (including pension liaison).
- Bank account co-ordination and set up.
- Insurance co-ordination and support.
- Conversion grant reporting.